This sauce is yummy, healthy and super quick to prepare. What more to ask 😉 ?
- Personally, I prefer it with it is freshly made which doesn’t make it the best recipe for meal prep.
- When I made this sauce for the 1st time I was following the anti candida diet, so I’ve put this sauce on Konjac linguini, spiralized broccoli trunks (kohlrabi is also an option, in summer it can be made with zucchinis). Be creative :)! Of course regular pasta works too 😉
- You can add some protein like smoked tofu, egg (yes then it’s not vegan). You can also top it with parmesan (vegan or not) or basil..
Creamy vegan garlic sauce (Alfredo style)
- 1 medium size cauliflower
- 3 shallots
- 4 medium cloves garlic if you are not such a huge fan as I am of garlic go with 3
- Vegetables broth I use the powder one
- Plant based milk I used a mix of almond/coconut milk I had left (or plant based cream if you want it even more cream)
- 1 tea spoon white miso or braun if like me you are out of white miso
- ½ tea spoon tea spoon of nutmeg
- Salt & Pepper
- Cut the cauliflower (not need to have nice piece as it will be mixed) and rince it
- Boil the cauliflower in water added with the vegetable broth (follow the instruction of your broth brand for the quantity, mine is 1 tea spoon for ½ liter or water).
- Slice shallots and garlic finely and brown then in olive oil (without roasting them)
- When the cauliflower is soft, put it in the blender (keep the broth it's still need).
- Add all the other ingredients, plus 150 ml broth and 150 ml plant based milk and mix everything until smooth
- Adjust the texture to your taste by adding broth/plant based milk. Better go in several small step than ending up with a soup.
- That's it in 15 minutes it's ready